November 12, 2018
- Benefits of Ice Cream. It’s True!
- Ice Cream lovers rejoice!
- 1. Source of Vitamins
- Ice cream happens to be a huge source of vitamins A, B-6, B-12, C, D, and E! It doesn’t stop there. Apparently, ice cream contains vitamin K, which prevents blood clotting. Let’s not forget that ice cream also contains niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin.
- 2. Provides Energy
- Not only does ice cream have nutritional value, it also is an incredible source of energy. Ice cream is rich with carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, which are all, needed for our bodies to produce energy. Careful on how much energy you want to get from ice cream, after all, it can also help you gain weight. Everything in moderation remember!
- 3. Source of Minerals
- Minerals like calcium and phosphorus are found in ice cream. Calcium is an essential mineral for us as it maintains strong bones and reduces the chances of kidney stones. Mood swings and PMS can also be prevented by eating ice cream. Who knew!?!?
- 4. Stimulates the Brain
- “Ice cream stimulates the thrombotonin, which is a hormone of happiness and helps in reducing the levels of stress in the body. Ice cream is made of milk, which contains L-triptophane, which is a natural tranquilizer and helps in relaxing the nervous system. It also helps prevent symptoms of insomnia.”
- Now, let’s get one thing straight. After listing all these fantastic health benefits of ice cream, by no means do we suggest you eat as much ice cream as you can.
With as many benefits that may come with eating ice cream, there is probably an equal amount of health issues that could arise from eating too much.
Choose your flavours wisely and eat responsibly. Everything in moderation remember!
- Source: STANPAC
- A billion things to do